Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Two paths cross...


Two paths cross,
friend is made, 
heart is touched, 
life is changed. 

 Crossing Paths
By: the iHope Poet

I took the road called 'Dreams to Make,'
towards a home I hoped to find.
I walked alone, for comfort's sake
and was not used to passersby.


     Not before long, I thought to rest,
for it seemed I'd hit a sort of end.
But no -- I saw (to my distress)
a crossroads and there, an unknown friend.

He stood just opposite my own roadside
and waved a brave and kind, "Hello!"
I quickly picked the next path to stride,
the same which he then chose to go.

So together, we strolled the road called 'Light;'
we saw many things, my new friend and I.
He taught me love, and hope, and flight,
he showed me how to touch the sky......
                                                                             
Not long ago, my dear friend left
to travel down his destined path.
I could not follow, as he'd told me then, 
for I had other stars to catch.

With a kiss goodbye and heart-felt pain
He turned without a second glance;
Perhaps we'll meet sometime again...
Even still, I walked while looking back. 

Oh, it hurts! to leave your love behind
and walk as far from him as he does from you --
The dusty crossroads risks that bit of  hope you'll find
Yet the expectation lingers that you'll still stay true....

And so..

Today: I wave to an unknown friend.
I take their next chosen road --
And just as He did before He left,
I'll teach what I've learned, for them to know.

And that is how the system works,
this ever-changing line of travel,
For each crossroads there's a chance to learn
and a chance to make 'em marvel.


2 comments:

  1. These poems reminds me of the serendipitous aspects of life...absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is never to late to run down the road you missed to find the one you love. For the one you love could be running back to you.

    ReplyDelete