Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Feeling Important...

Or at least trying to.

I Want You to Miss Me
By: the iHope Poet

Well, it’s a good time to run away
There is nothing to miss if I have to stay
You can’t say goodbye if I don’t go
And then you’ll never know
Who you love the most

I still have a truce I need to call
I don’t like staring at an empty wall
I’ve hopes to gain some brief respite
So I say it’s your turn to want my light

Your indifference has left me for dead on the floor
Now let me leave your heart regretfully sore
Then it will be clear that I’m worth so much more
Than you give me credit for

Someday I’ll return refreshed and new
I hope then you’ll all love me good and true
That’s why I leave now, though it hurts a great deal
You won’t ever long for my help while I’m real

 Don’t make me feel bad or guilt me to stay
It’s better for now if I just go away
 Please, say farewell as I turn my back now
And hopefully I will find myself allow
A way to stay with you somehow

 

4 comments:

  1. A lot of palpable emotion in this poem, powerful stuff. One part in particular stood out to me: "Your indifference has left me for dead on the floor". That reminded me of something I read one time...the opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.

    Have you ever thought about getting published?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No and Yes. My friends think I should, I will wait for a while. (I don't want to)
    I agree with indifference being the opposite of love, but I've never heard that before. It's understandable. Thank You for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, could you tell me what I can change about any of my poems? I'm trying to revise...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will if I see anything, but to be honest they're already on par with many of the best I've read. I like the emotion that your poetry evokes...and I also love the introspection that you use. You're gifted...

      Delete