Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Itsy Bitsy Spider . . .when the rains are a comin'

walls
by: the iHope Poet

little baby spider
I see climbin up the wall,
the rains will be a comin'
and she doesn't want to fall.

the higher she can climb it
takes her closer to escape,
to the safety of the edges
where the floods can't wash away.

if she stops to catch a breather,
or decides to hang on tight,
when the thunder clouds start striking,
she'll be bound to slip and die.

so the little baby spider
tries her hardest not to fall,
barely clinging as she rises,
up this fateful, narrow wall. . .


via
call me sissy, coward, afraid of the risks . . . it just seems like, the sooner you start to take it slow, the sooner it all falls apart.

or as soon as you slow down, life runs into you from behind.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like. A lot. I see lots of life analogies here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it kind of strayed from my initial intention, but I tried. I'm glad you found some meaning :)

    ReplyDelete