Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

In Spite of the Struggle:

Adding Up
By: the iHope Poet

Is there a reason why
Every wearing thing
Can add up to the sky
But end up as nothing?
It isn’t that I don’t have faith,
Nor that I don’t believe.
I just have not the effort
Quite yet to achieve
All the things I wish.
No, I don’t have strength
To fill in this ditch
That I’ve dug for myself;
And move right along.
Well, it’s time I find
 New transitions
For my life-written song.


Dropping Hands
By: the iHope Poet

Throughout life one will know
What it means to let go
Of the hopes that she holds
Inside her broken hand.

Say goodbye with plain sorrow,
Yet she still tries to borrow
The comfort from yesterday’s
Place to stand.

By the time she is empty;
The wound’s getting heavy.
She’s found a new definition
Of living without breath.

And while she is dying
For the sake of not crying,
Others will seek her and save her
 From such heartbreaking death.

Throughout life pain is real,
We all know how it feels.
But with hope and support
Ache can be overcome.

She will soon surely learn
That all blessings are earned
By endurance and faith
All her hurt will be numb.

 



15 comments:

  1. Please give me tips for correction!
    <3 Me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Powerfully emotional and effective as always. One thing I would try, in the future, is to try your hand at poetry that does not rhyme (often called 'free fowm' or 'free verse' poetry). It's not that it's ineffective...in fact it's quite effective with these two pieces. But I love to see that type of poetry with you as well. Great work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll do more of those. Question: is there a specific format for free verse, or is the format/layout open to any type as well? Is there a rule about when to start a new line etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the format is pretty open with free verse or free form (just caught my typo above when I said "free fowm" lol I meant free form). The good thing about poetry in general, and specifically for free verse/free form, is that the format is entirely up to the writer. Poetry is emotion-based to the only form that matters is in your soul :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, thank you much...It will be a while til my next post due to school, but I'll come up with a free verse poem for next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of free verse poems on mine - at least two that I can think of. I am really looking forward to your next post. What are you studying in school?

      Delete
  6. Yes, I love your "What Dreams May Come" post. That poem is beautiful! Right now I am coming up with a project about Israel and the rest of the middle east... I enjoy learning politics, though I'm just getting started...

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha. I wish...I'm actually still in high school.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With your writing talent I just assumed you were in college!

      Delete
  8. well thanks, but yes, i'm just in highschool.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, I don't know quite yet. Most likely creative writing or something artsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would definitely be amazing at creative writing my friend.

      Delete