Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Last Rainstorm

This Time I'll Dance.
By: The iHope Poet

God, send me a rainstorm.
I know you've sent so many before..
Before these years turned into droughts.
I used to leave behind my doubts,
when rain would fall,
and dance.

But I've forgotten in recent years.
When thunder came, I'd open ears;
I loved the lightning, the waterfall..
The storm itself, well, it came and all,
I just stopped dancing. God, I tried
to love the rain - but something died
the moment I forgot 
to dance.

And now I'm asking, one more time,
before I leave my home behind..
Please, God, make me a rainstorm.
Send me one last, beautiful rain,
and help me wash away this pain.
The door is open, key in hand,
I have a future with a plan --
but I can't take another step 
without the hope
of dancing again.

Make me a rainstorm, God, one more.
I promise that I'll dance before
it goes away. This time I will --
No more watching from the windowsill.
I'll be out there, last of all,
with open arms.
Twirling in Your waterfall.


via

No comments:

Post a Comment