Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

I like the rain...

Nothing Else
By: the iHope Poet

To the clouds in the sky
And the sun, way up high
I will stand in this rain
Sing this song once again
There is nothing else like 
what you’re giving me now
All this power in the dark
Is a spark that somehow
I am safe, I’m alone
In this place I call home

People hurt, they lash out
Rip my heart – scream and shout
Here I go, here I cry
Here in you I confide
That I tried all my best
Just to prove to the rest
That I’m perfectly sane
Not with them – in the rain!
No, there’s nothing else like 
what you’ve shown me before
So much hope in this dark
Is a spark that there’s more
Than that place I called home
Back with them – all alone
And with you I’m still safe
In this place that I roam

To the storm in the sky
As you give your goodbye
I will sing my last lines
Thanking you for your time
There will never be anything else like the rain
For in you I am safe, I am sound
I am sane
No one knows that I cry
Under you, where I hide
And you’ve given me all, for that secret is mine


No comments:

Post a Comment