Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

To Be

The Pursuit of Beauty
By: the iHope Poet

I fold up in the darkness
Neither seeing, nor being seen
And alone I consider
Beauty and ugliness

As a weed I was poisoned
Plucked from the earth
Left in the barren part of the dirt
Flowers despised me
Hated my leaves
Ugliness made me as small as a seed

Now as a rose, I’m too fair to be weeded
I’m left here to grow
I’m admired and needed
I can shine in the garden,
It’s easy to see
That beauty is better than being a weed

And nothing is wrong
With becoming so fair
But my pursuit of it all
Has left me worse for wear 

As I sought to look pretty
I turned into stone
My heart had been vain
And I acted a fool
All the things that I did to become something new
It hurt me, it hurt them; and I didn’t stay true

I unfold in the darkness
Yes, now I can see
It’s not wrong that it happened
But how it all came to be


      

2 comments: