Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

sometimes it hurts

old familiar (unrealized)
by: the iHope Poet

the tears were fast, indignant,
harsh.
their heat burned my flesh,
and tugged at my heart.

the pain followed suit,
and unexpectedly. I gasped in surprise --
my heart was not supposed to be so torn
and ragged.
not like this!
via


but my phony anger
betrayed the charade
that I didn't know I was acting.

it was a need. You were a need.
a need that evolved into desire.
a longing so keen, my existence altered,
entirely.

I think my head knew this,
but my heart
didn't want to.

and when denial was enforced,
somewhere, deep inside,
the tear was triggered.
my heart was shattered,

and it didn't want to know.

these tears are weak, broken,
peircing.
I shed them, for all the pain
left unrealized
for all this time.

Note:  Sometimes your heart hurts. It hurts, and you don't even realize it's heartbreak until much, much later. That's when you begin to grasp what you've been longing, and yet, denying, for so long. That's when you finally start to heal.
You can't heal unless you know you need healing. Let alone what needs healing.

2 comments:

  1. "I think my head knew this, but my heart didn't want to". At times like these, our heart takes complete control doesn't it? It knows no rationality :)

    ReplyDelete