Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Believer

I Want to Be
By; the iHope Poet

When I was a little girl
miracles happened.
I saw them every day.
They do not happen any less, now,
but I have become less of a witness than a passerby.
Less of a believer.

When I was a little girl,
God cared about me.
The world was important too and all,
but in my eyes, to Him, I was the world.
He does not care any less, now,
but I have become less of a feeler than a reasoner.
Less of a believer.

When I was a little girl,
Nothing was impossible.
Miracles happened, and I knew I was loved.
The world is still at my fingertips,
and God is no loess capable of lifting me up.
But I have become less of a child than an independent.
Less of a believer.

Today, I'm just a little girl,
trying to remember
what it's like to be in His arms.
I'm looking for the miracles, feeling for His love,
and trusting in His vision.
Because I want to be more of a witness
than a passerby.
More of a feeler than a reasoner.
And more of God's child than the world's.
I want to be a believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment