Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

"Remind Me of Change" pt. 2

Factors of Fear
By: the iHope Poet

I don’t fear death, but how I’d earn it.
For I won’t deny the life I’ve spent.
I don’t fear tears, but the reason I shed them.
I’ll face a challenge or a test.

I don’t fear taste, but what is flavored.
Poison is hidden very well.
I don’t fear triumph, but the pride I might accomplish.
I’m wary of a head too big to swell.

I do fear hate, and where it spreads to.
I’d like to keep my heart and soul.
Truth is reason, and I fear cheating;
I’ll achieve fair and square, my every goal.

I don’t fear pain, for it empowers goodness.
The bitter-sweetness can enlighten all.
I don’t fear gray, but for its shadow,
And darkness hides my every fall.

I don’t fear words, only what they could mean.
One thought may lead to anything.
I don’t fear notes, but how they sound;
If they’re ugly or beautiful when they sing.

I do fear annoyance and what it feels like.
A little thing can make me snap.
And every breath that I waste breathing
May turn me blind to any trap.

I don’t fear distractions, but where some lead to.
How would I turn if I were lost?
I don’t fear being able, but of what I am able;
Each acted choice could dearly cost.

I don’t fear love, but the heart deceiving;
Perhaps it waits to bind my will.
I don’t fear agency, but which choices I choose from;
Walking a path with potential to kill.

I will always fear how I’ll live tomorrow,
But death will never make me slow.
And every tear I’ll shed most wisely,
I’ll face each challenge wherever I go.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment