Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

catching Stars chasing Dreams



To Catch a Star
By: the iHope Poet

I want to catch a star
The kind that flies
But won’t go far.
I want to wake up in the morning
Remembering the dream I chased.

Inspiring the courage to conquer
The challenges I face.

I want to cheat my fate
Destiny is something I should make
I’m going to light the spark
And ignite the fire
Within my heart.

I’m going to play my part.

I’d like to reach for faith
To make the leap
That may not be safe.
And in the end if I fall
I’ll get back up and still stand tall.

I’ll understand at least I tried.

So I will climb the wall
And face my fears
Or why try at all?
I’ll get my wish to close my eyes at night
And realize that I know myself.

I want to catch a star
The kind that flies
But won’t go far.
And that will make
All the difference 
In the end. 


 

2 comments:

  1. Here's the part that stood out to me:

    "I want to cheat my fate
    Destiny is something I should make
    I’m going to light the spark
    And ignite the fire
    Within my heart"

    Sounds as if this written from your inner-dreamer :)

    ReplyDelete