Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

"Remind me of Change" pt. 1


One Step Closer
By: the iHope Poet

Looking back
On all the shards
Of every broken heart
That shattered for
Each bitter disappointment

Now to see
What’s left behind
It’s clear that past decisions
Weren’t always what
They seemed to be at first

Hope and light
Are far away
There’s nothing left to say
To make up for the blackness
That smothers out the love

Then, you thought
It was so right
But all that’s gone tonight
As you begin to plan for
The next few steps to take

It seems hard
But can’t you see
All this has prepared you
Cause now you’re left to face
What one step closer has led you to take















2 comments:

  1. I liked how the poem got progressively more hopeful towards the end - or that was my interpretation anyway :)

    Also, you really do choose perfect photos that go along with the themes of your poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, its been a while since I checked for comments.
    Yes, I am sooo grateful for the people who come up with the 'perfect pictures' :) and leave them open for us to use. I know I'm sure not that creative. My writing especially doesn't mean as much without the pictures to go along with it! :)

    ReplyDelete