Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

If I could be One Thing...

Patience
By: the iHope Poet

Practice peace of mind and soul
Answer trials with strengthened goals
Try to hear what others say
Illustrate a faithful way
Exceed tolerance with love
Notice blessings from above
Carefully learn to do what’s right
Endure always in God’s Light





What it Took
By: the iHope Poet

To wait for what is frail and lost
and hope despite the trial or cost 
then find that maybe all my  strength
has been but naught against the pain

I wish I hadn't sent away
the simple things from yesterday
Because of wanting far too much 
and waste my time in dreaming of such 

The patience lost in those spare hours
is what makes life's regrets so sour
and looking back I wish I'd tried
to cherish those moments before they died


 ... I would be Patient.

3 comments:

  1. I think your poem 'Patience' has soem words that we should always live be...it could be a creed for better living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to live by those words, most of them come from what I am taught at home and church. Yup, its principles probably aren't even original (oops) :)
      Thanks

      Delete
  2. Inspirational! I loved "Patience". I believe it's my favorite of yours so far.

    ReplyDelete