Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Hopes and Expectations

Maybe I Will
By: the iHope Poet

Cry me a river and float me upstream.
Blow through the oceans, and storm up the seas. 
Fight me a battle that seems to be lost --
Then win back the tempest and soak up the shock. 
Someday the world will give up on you. 

Someday I might just give up on you. 

Carry the thunder and rain down the hate. 
Burden the rivers with overflown lakes. 
Flowers at night never seem to rebloom --
Hopefully morning will shine on ours soon.
Someday the hope will give up on you.

Someday I might just give up on you. 

When the time comes, when we finally fall,
Maybe this love will be gone afterall. 
Couldn't we say we gave up on it first?
Shouldn't we leave when it's bound to get worse? yet,
Somehow I can't picture leaving this . . . 

But Someday I might just give up on you. 


via

2 comments:

  1. We are defined by that moment in which we ultimately have to decide to walk away rather than continuing to wait...

    ReplyDelete