Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

little girl, BIG expectations


With the Sky in My Hands
By: iHope Poet

What will I do with the sky in my hands;
With the clouds and the birds and the light in my hands?
What will I do as I hold to what’s true
With what’s there and so “real” and so “now” and so “blue”?

 I will stand very tall
Just to reach it and all
Oh, I'll probably falter a few or more times.
But still I’ll remain
With the world yet to gain
 I’ll have to have vision; be honest and brave.

Where will I go with the sky in my hands?
Will I travel to places not seen here on land?
How will I grip what I hold in my mind,
If right now I struggle to leave what’s past behind?

Well, the universe works
With the shadow that lurks
At the edge of all colors and stars up in space.
Though that darkness is bleak
I will not be made weak
By the things which seem evil; for good’s what I seek.

Why do I think of the sky like it’s mine?
Sometimes people feel they need big things to shine.
Well, I realize now that it’s not what I own,
It’s the good I achieve that will make my worth show.

So for now I will do
All I can to be true
Like the universe, sky and this massive world, too.
I won’t try to hold things
That are greater than me,
Instead I’ll take time to reach who I should be.



1 comment:

  1. This was very beautiful Hannah. I love how forward-thinking it was

    ReplyDelete