Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My Version

Twinkle, Little Star
By: the iHope Poet

Twinkle, twinkle little star
Why does heaven seem so far?
How I hope to one day shine
Bright as day all through the night
Twinkle, twinkle little star
What a brilliant one you are

Wish that I could have a friend
Help me let my brightness bend
Give the world a chance to see
All the wonders I can be
Twinkle, twinkle little star
Though you’re high you’re not so far
Every night I look to where
Your own sparkle seems to bear
All the space of pressure in
One small jar where light has been
Twinkle, twinkle little star
Oh, I wonder how you are

Someday I won’t feel alone
Soon I’ll be up there with you
Glinting brightly in the sky
No one else will wonder why
Heaven always seemed so far
Cause I’m the twinkling little star
Who found out what it means to shine
Like the glorious stars up high.

So twinkle, twinkle little star
Twinkle little star

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture you put with this. Cute poem:)
    I especially liked the lines "All the space of pressure in one small jar where light has been"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch! Those are actually the lines that lots of people don't understand....But I can't think of what else to right!? What did you get out if them?
    :)

    ReplyDelete