Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

That Weightless Sense of Rising Fear

Known
By: the iHope Poet

I do not cry
because I feel unknown.
I cry
because I am known,
and yet, so entirely misunderstood.
I cry
because I am so loved,
and yet, cannot come to terms
with all that I feel.

I cry
because I'm so selfish
and can give nothing back - at least, not nearly what I
feel would be an adequate price to pay in return.

I cry
because change has bound me and sculpted my life,
my identity;
and I cannot know if I am now grateful or sorrowful
for either what I see ahead, or
what I am leaving behind.

I cry
because the shadows lurk;
worse! they leer at me in their dark territory of doubt.
I cry
because I understand that although those corners provide
a familiar space to brood,
I will not permit myself to dwell near them.

I cry
because the light and darkness in me are
contradicting forces, which may ever exist
but never coexist.

I cry.
Not because I have much to learn
but because I know so much;
and I fear that pride will overcome my faith.

I cry
because I am told not to fear
but to walk with assurance that I am loved, no matter what.
And I know I am loved.
I know that I am somehow significant in this vast world.

I cry,
because I am. Known.








2 comments:

  1. Wow Hannah. This one packed an emotional jolt for sure. If you look in the comments section of any of my posts, you'll see a commenter named Brian. Click on his page and go to his blog )I believe it's called way station one) and read some of his poetry. Leave hmi a comment on one of his poems and he'll visit yours. He's an amazing poet and I think he would LOVE your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His poems are AWESOME!!! Thank you soo much for directing me there!

    ReplyDelete