Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

reaching

the Distance
By: the iHope Poet

I am smothered in distance
too far 
to reach past, 
to break through and climb out. 
A distance so long and predictable, 
seen even in the unseen stretches
of life laid before me.
That distance,
via
like a bright and 
bold
yellow-brick-road
calling for me from it's inlaid boundaries, 
"come, follow me" --
and perhaps I will, 
but I'd wish to look up 
at the vast blues and grays and brilliant others, 
where the call reaches high. 
High above this distance, 
where the spindly length of road down below
is seen simply as a design. 
With a pattern carved for a purpose, 
and a purpose directed for good. 

So the distance is something
less smothering
and more of comprehension
and understanding. 

So the distance is what I can follow
not just some breadth
of my mind's grapling remarks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment