Pages

Friday, November 1, 2013

this is so much harder

than I thought it would be
by: the iHope Poet

you've only been gone for a short little while
and I regret missing the moment you left.
still, those words you sent me
left me breathless,
and even now, I realize them over and over again in my heart,
whenever I find myself missing you.

and the pain, the longing . . . I'm working on a mask --
a facade to cover the ache of not seeing you.
I find myself looking frantically, everywhere I go,
for anything that reminds me of you,
keeps me feeling like you're right there, close and waiting.
so that I can fall back into that bubble of air,
where I felt like I could be frozen with you, in time,
and delay the inevitable . . .

all of this hoping, this wishing, this broken, shattered, dissolved fantasy;
while somewhere, far away, you will likely never think of me once,
at least, not
until you come home. . .

let's pretend that day will come soon.

via

3 comments: