Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

life's diversions

The Siren
By: the iHope Poet

make way for the terror
the pain
the fear of an accident and faltering life

can't you hear that sound?
screaming
to pull up on the sidelines and watch for a while

who's dying? who crashed?
let's all have a look
and take this chance to excuse ourselves from the main road

as the sirens scream louder
and more frequently
we are found less and less driving straight

and the dirt paths
which are crooked
and off to the far sides of our real journey

are being more and more
traveled by;
we're still moving farther off course

jeez. those sirens --
they can sure be distracting.


a Screeching Noise
By: the iHope Poet
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     A siren is screeching;
blaring so loud, I can't hear myself think.

Maybe it's warning me, 
but perhaps it's come to mock my short attention span.

Why else does it shriek, 
if all it will say is, "I'm a distraction, don't listen to me"?

And why are those the only words 
I hear a midst the chaos of the rest of my life?


No comments:

Post a Comment