Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Perfectly Still

Still
By: the iHope Poet

Beautiful secret
Covered in distance
Something and nothing to lean toward.
If I move forward, something will happen,
If I move away, nothing can...
So here I remain, perfectly still,
Balanced between being empty or filled.
Which way do I want to fall?

- But those eyes.
Those eyes in the mirror,
The eyes that hide every secret and fear,
I see them, and know I want something.
Deep down inside, I yearn to lean there,
To fall forward,
To dive into what I can never let go of,
or resurface from.

So here I stand,
between something and nothing.
I can move either way, but my heart seems to care.
And my eyes, as they beg me
to hope, to believe,
to take the chance of . . .
. . .So now, I say yes.
I move "yes", I am "yes".
And now, I see everything.

via

1 comment: