Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Love & Death go Hand in Hand

Like Waves on the Shore
By: the iHope Poet

I can feel it beating strong,
the heart you let me keep,
and amidst the scattered moonlit stars, 
I'm lost in love so deep....

We dreamed of us tomorrow, 
and life, forever more. 
I never thought those nights would end
like waves against the shore. 

Such striking cold and darkness came 
and fought to take your place.
Funny how the death of love 
can make one feel erased. 

You left me here. You left me. 
The grave won't let you go --
and buried, too, in your dead grasp
are my lost heart and soul. 

I'm fighting now, against the pain, 
the fear is caving in,
so, when love comes to me again, 
I might just let him in. 

And for every heart I give away, 
I take the risk of losing;
but as long as I remember you,
that risk is well worth choosing. 

The truth is, love can always die, 
just like our lives down here.
But death is never quite as weak 
as when love reappears. 

via

2 comments:

  1. I lovs this very powerful piece. I, however, must disagree with the last stanza's assertion that love will always die :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, yes :) I see your point... I think when I wrote it I was trying to convey the idea that love is vulnerable. But now that I read it again, I understand what it sounds like I'm saying :}
    Thank you!
    I will be changing that line shortly ;)

    ReplyDelete