Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

asking ?'s . . . :@ WILL

I Too Am a Child
By: the iHope Poet

When will we get there?
When will this long journey end?
I know little children have asked this time again,
But in many ways, I too am a child like them. 

How long does the starlight
Travel to reach distant sky?
I realize their journey,  
And the sight in the darkness makes me want to shine. 
But each day the whiteness 
Of heaven seems farther away.
When will I find it? What is the purpose of wait?
I know the answer, but sometimes I have to ask why. 

So when will we get there? 
How long will this journey last? 
I’m still a little girl, learning to grow,
Impatient for time to stop moving so slow.


But I know after all,
That someday we’ll find it,
This journey will end
And I’ll be reminded
Of the time we have spent, 
Of the distance we’ve traveled 
And the good will we’ve meant…
And at long last, I’ll be home once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment