Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

i Found this Poem


Truly
*Compiled* by: the iHope Poet

Would you scale the highest heaven?
Star people are rare, you’ll be lucky to meet another -
Can you hear it?
Can you see it? 
Some people think the stars must look closer from up here. 
But if men only understood --
They don’t. 
When you’re up here, you realize how distant they really are. 
How impossible to reach. 
I see them gaze upon distant skies of ideals inaccessible and vain
Star of wisdom once told the wise ones,
 Heavenward looking,
Sometimes the stars are lost,
Lost as a light is lost in light.
You must truly look. 
So I am.
I’m lying here wistfully
Looking up at the stars
And knowing how and knowing that,
Has made all the difference.







Sources:

  • If Men Only Understood; Star of Wisdom; and Would You Scale the Highest Heaven, James Allen
  • Star Girl, Jerry Spinelli
  • Reached, Allie Condie
  • I Am Not Yours, Sarah Teasdale
  • Looking Up At the Stars, Hazel Connelly
  • The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost

2 comments:

  1. "Lost as a light is lost in light"...for some reason this line keeps sticking with me as I re-read this. Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem I got that from, I Am Not Your's, by Sarah Teasdale, is one of my favorite poems ever...that was one of the lines that made me pause and wonder in amazement as well.

    ReplyDelete