Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kissed

Wind Blown
By: the iHope Poet

The wind kissed my lips, 
brushed his lingering fingertips
across my brow and through my hair,
then left before I could despair
the absence of his fleeting touch. 

The wind danced with me
one precious night, exalted me
above the stars. 
I still have chills from flying so far.
in the embrace of the wispy sky. 

So kissed and blown away
am I, a helpless girl with nothing left to say.
The wind is mine,
but I cannot be his, by God's design,
he must blow another way.

Oh, my wind-kissed soul!
my fluttered heart he touched and stole,
but now he's far away from me.
I fell through his hazy arms
and today, he cannot cool the blistered marks

scorched upon my head by the burning of the sun,
the burning sun, with no such wind I used to know
to blow away the pain.
The burning sun,
the sun, alone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment