Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

Choosing to Stand Firm


Fighting the Compromises
By: the iHope Poet

Break a heart,
Shatter glass,
Make it start.
The rain is falling fast.

Lightning gleams,
Thunder rolls,
Shadows pass;
But there’s more to this than that.

Battling
Against the world
In the dark
Is harder than it looks

All the words,
All the cares
And all the hurt
Make life misunderstood.

When hope is lost,
Powers change,
You disappear
To join the other side.

And as I look
Through the foe’s
Tempting glass,
The mirror of compromise;

It’s you I see
Standing lost,
Turned around,
Hoping to find what made

The easiness
Of their black
Battlefield
Seem real before it fades.

Well, I wish you luck,
There's little chance
Of your return.
It was your choice to go.

Now I’m alone
Wanting help,
Needing strength;
I’ll not be tricked into letting go.

No comments:

Post a Comment