Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

More Poems

The Gift of the Butterfly
By: the iHope Poet

A butterfly once touched my sight
And blessed me with the gift of flight.

I drifted high and couldn’t fall.
I set a goal and wouldn’t stall.

Through many clouds I made my way,
I hoped against hope that my freedom would stay.

I shot past every shining star,
The thing I sought was still so far!

A light was near, I stopped to sleep;
Then woke from dreams of trouble deep.

The way was dark, my goal was lost.
Yet on I flew despite the cost.

Soon the path was found, my wish remembered.
I headed straight as the shadows surrendered.

At last my purpose was fulfilled,
So again I could walk; and my wings were stilled.

I returned to the place I knew so well.
A being there waited to hear my tale.

Yes, there was my savior, the Butterfly;
Who gave me the freedom of the sky…



open your eyes...

Something
By: Mat Edvik and Eighth Grade Class
Finished By: the iHope Poet

Something beautiful crossed my path today.
Something magical took my breath away.

Time stood still,
As if against my will.

Not an hour goes by
Without that image in my eye.

 Something Powerful told me what I know.
I was lost and now I know which way to go.

A dream made real,
It was so (almost) surreal.

Not an hour goes by
Without that image in my eye.

All you have to do is look around;
You’ll see things you’ve never seen before.
They will be: Brilliant, Amazing,
Wonderful, Breathtaking.
Everything good and more.

Something Beautiful will cross your path someday.
And its majesty will take your breath away.

Life will go on,
As it always has.

But not an hour will go by,
Without that image in your eye.
Not an hour goes by,
Without that image in my eye.



No comments:

Post a Comment