Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

picking myself up again...


Finding My Heights
By: the iHope Poet

There’s no more to believe in,
Not much to achieve, no
Motives to make me
Change my mind.
I’m turning around now.
I’m switching the paths, to
Find a new way towards
What I left behind.

I feel such emptiness
That grows and fills my soul,
As I get lost inside the
Trials of my destiny;
All that I will ever be.

I’m finding my heights, yes
I’m reaching the sky but
I must stop to rest, I’ll
Need strength for this test.
It’s no use to hide, I'm
 Not going to die. There
Aren’t winners or losers and
I won’t be the best.

I know it’s vital to
Remember who I am,
But all I’ve ever been is
Locked too deep inside to find.
The pain and tears are still there
But dry.

I guess in the end it
Will all just depend on
My foes and my friends and
How my attitude bends.
I’ll have to let go of
My fears of the past, then
Find my own place in
This world and amend.
 



 



3 comments:

  1. I would describe this piece as very introspective...which is the hallmark of great poetry in general. Great poem and I can't wait to read your next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You. I wrote this one a while back after realizing that the sun always rises after night, and that the good times always follow the bad ones...:)

      Delete
    2. Yes you are so right - it always helps to keep that in mind. now matter how dark the night is, the sun is but a few hours from illuminating everything again :)

      Delete