Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

a Negative Outlook

People think of this world and very often connect it to negative things. War, death, pain, hatred. Many negative things. We are all human beings with agency and opportunities. The differences between each of us are defined by how we choose to take and use the opportunities we are presented with in our own lives. With every choice taken comes consequences of varied degrees. Ultimately, those consequences define our world.

In explanation, As We Die is a poem I wrote based off of a dream I had about war. As I learn about the different world occurrences, I realize this is a subject that can be related to a lot of countries and people now.



As We Die
By: the iHope Poet

Another cry i
n the wind
More moans of pain and agony
The blood and tears
Spilt shamelessly
Through the bitter ends of whatever war
Man may fight
And still another cry
As they die.

The sounds of hope and freedom
Ring
Fruitlessly in the foul air
The bare trees hold empty memories of what is left
To be no more
No hope, nor freedom rings
Even as they used to sing
For now they die

All light is forsaken
In this land of sick play
In this place of death and sadness
Renewed
Some try to walk again
Yet, they still each remain
In the dirt
With the sorrow and hurt
As they die

Each cloud stares back from the sky
Black and dank
Spilling rain on their wounds
Turning salt into mercy
Death is dealt by the hand
Of swift pride in this land
And they wish for respite
From the pain
As they die

I’m unscathed from this insanity
But I ache 
For the harmed
And the bitten, the smitten
The hate
So I lie on this ground
As I cry like each sound that I hear in the wind
Speaks of curse without end
Oh, I cry and I cry
As now I lay to die
With those who will die
Along with me

Under trees unforgiving and bent
Over our white faces
Which speak of such death
And the water is stained
Yes, your hearts are as well
For we die
Through our innocence and refusal to fight
In our weakness
We’ll live in much better places
As you laugh
At our forms in the dark
And we die.

The guilt will hang heavy
In your memories
Of pride
Even
As we died

No comments:

Post a Comment