Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Things That Shine...prt.1



OK, so I know that this isn't a free verse poem, but my schedule has cleared up and I want to post something now. I haven't finished the free v. poem quite yet...

These are descriptions of things that I rely upon completely, and am so grateful for. They illuminate the paths of my life, so it seems, especially when despair gets heavy. Each verse's portrayal is in accordance with many different things in my personal life, and maybe even in yours...?


Show the Way
By: the iHope Poet

I love the stars
When they shine
So bright
In the night
And I love the light
Of the moon
In the dark.
As I watch them
Brighten, whiten
Blackness and decaying gloom,
Before morning turns,
They will
Show the way

I love the words
On the page;
Those that testify
And know.
They help me grow
To become
Better still.
And I read
Their strength, power
To shake (weakly spun) lies;
So through the last pages
Those words will have
Carved a path,
Shown the way,
Show the way.

I love the pain
In each trial.
Though it burns,
Chokes and spurns,
It lets me learn
What true hope
Really means.
When it leaves
Flowers bloom,
Weeds are gone, all is new.
But the memory of such
Will keep me on the road
Which pain demonstrates,
Carves a way,
Shows a way,
Show the way.

For all these things
Know the way,
Are the way,
Show the way.
                                                    

1 comment:

  1. I love this one and I especially love the perfect pictures that you choce in conjunction with it. Here was the part that spoke to me: "I love the pain
    In each trial.
    Though it burns,
    Chokes and spurns,
    It lets me learn
    What true hope
    Really means."

    That really resonated, for I identified with it. That's what poetry does...it helps us identify. Great job! I was missing your posts :)

    ReplyDelete